5.17.2016

still knitting! :)

I can't believe it's been a month (almost) since I last blogged. Well no, that's not true. I can. Honestly, with the hours in the day that I spend knitting, or now spring cleaning & purging, and everything else life has me doing, I seem to not make it on here too much. But you know what? I kind of like that this space is always just waiting for me to come on here whenever I can, and put out whatever I want. yeah. I like it. And if not many people read it anymore, well okay. I can hardly expect readers to keep checking in when I'm rarely here these days. I understand. :) And maybe one day I'll get back to blogging more regularly, but until then... this will work for me.


However I have been a busy bee knitting. There have been some babies being born, so adorable baby knits needed to be made. So I knit up another Milo vest. And a pair of booties. Because they are just too adorable. This gift was for another one of Owen's teachers. And she loved it. I knit up the 6 month size, so that baby could get more rather than less wear out of it. They grow so stinking fast, that I find that doing the larger sizes are a good idea. :)

I really, really like this pattern. It's such a quick, satisfying knit. And there is just so much you can do with the pattern. You have endless options with color work, or texture. I opted for a basic thick & thin stripe sequence. I feel like this is such an adorable little man vest.


And those matching booties! gah! They really are just so cute!  As per the last time I knit this set, I used Mineville wool project merino DK. And I'm still so sad that it's discontinued. It's just so very lovely to knit with! xo


I like the style of the booties because they're meant to actually stay on the foot. the contrast color actually rolls up to give a longer leg if needed. Bonus, it will keep baby's leg warm too! So practical :)

If you are ever in a jam for a quick and adorable baby knit, then I highly suggest this gem! xo

4 comments:

  1. Super cute Becs!!! ...and I feel the same way about blogging! I'm so inconsistent, I can never seem to commit to regular posts -- but I'm always happy the space is there to come back to when I have the chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! I know I enjoy blogging more now that I've taken off any pressure on myself to sit down and do it :)

      Delete
  2. Those knits are adorable - I like the look of the booties, will definitely try that pattern.

    I follow your blog on Bloglovin, so I'm here whenever you're here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bridget! So glad to know that you're here. xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...